Sarnia-Lambton Closures: CLOSED or CANCELLED due to COVID-19
A list of closures in Sarnia-Lambton
This list will be updated as new information is available.
Sarnia, City Hall is closed to the public.
- Sarnia City Council Meeting – March 23, 2020
- Public Hearing for Official Plan Amendment No. 20 (OPA # 20) Zoning By-law Amendment No. 13-2019-85 of 2002 (1249 London Road) – March 23, 2020
- All Meetings for Advisory Boards and Committees (until further notice)
- Licensing and Regulatory Framework for Short Term Accommodations Public Information Session – March 19, 2020 and March 24, 2020
- Recreational Vehicle Parking Public Consultation Meeting – March 26
- City of Sarnia Employee Long Service Awards Reception – April 2, 2020
- City of Sarnia Volunteer Appreciation Reception – April 8, 2020
- Dog Friendly Beach Public Consultation Meeting – April 9, 2020
- City of Sarnia Easter in the Park – April 11, 2020
- Sarnia Fire Mental Health Night – April 14, 2020
- Community Parks Clean-Up Day – April 25, 2020
- Civil Marriage Ceremonies (until further notice)
- All Arenas (including all scheduled recreational and leisure programming), are closed until further notice.
- All City Owned and Operated Recreational Facilities (including all scheduled recreational and leisure programming and private bookings), until further notice
- All events scheduled in City Parks are cancelled until further notice
- The Strangway Community Centre is closed until further notice
- The Seaway Kiwanis Children’s Animal Farm is closed until further notice. Animals are being properly cared for during the closure.
- The City of Sarnia March Break Day Camp at the Lawrence House is cancelled.
Sarnia Fire Rescue will be temporarily suspending all non-essential public engagements. Fire Stations will have restricted access to staff only. All station tours, public education talks, etc., will be rescheduled at a future date. The pet food drive is also suspended until further notice.
Village of Point Edward Closures:
Closures of Municipal Buildings:
Point Edward Memorial Arena (Closed)
Point Edward Community Hall (Closed)
All municipal buildings except the Municipal Office (Please call rather than visiting the office if possible).
County of Lambton Closures:
- All Lambton County Library locations will be closed as of the end of business hours, Monday, March 16, 2020 through to Sunday, April 5.
- Lambton Heritage Museum will be closed as of the end of business hours Monday, March 16, 2020 through to Sunday, April 5.
- Oil Museum of Canada will be closed end of business hours Monday, March 16, 2020 through to Sunday, April 5.
- Lambton County Archives will be closed end of business hours Monday, March 16, 2020 through to Sunday, April 5.
- Judith and Norman Alix Art Gallery will be closed end of business hours Monday, March 16, 2020 through to Sunday, April 5.
- Lambton County Long-Term Care Homes are closed to visitors until further notice.
- Adult Day Programs are cancelled until further notice.
- All Provincial Offences Act matters scheduled from Monday, March 16, 2020 through to and including Friday, April 3, 2020 will be adjourned and rescheduled to a later date. If you have a matter scheduled during this time, you do not need to attend court.
- All County of Lambton EarlyON Child and Family Centers will be closed effective March 14th to April 5th. This includes mobile and outreach programs.
- Ontario Works has suspended all non-emergency in-office appointments. Those seeking the services of Ontario Works who are not currently on assistance are asked to apply online at www.ontario.ca/socialassistance or contact the Ontario Works intake line at 519-332-4906. Those already receiving assistance should connect with their caseworker by phone, email or text.
- The Lambton Works Centre at the Lambton Shared Services Centre is closed until further notice.
- All room bookings at the Lambton Shared Services Centre are being cancelled.
- All Lambton Circles sites have cancelled meetings effective March 14 through April 5, 2020. Individual and family supportive services will continue to be provided via telephone and/or email.
- The Household Hazardous Waste collection event scheduled for March 28, 2020 has been cancelled.
St. Clair Township Closures:
Staff will remain occupying the following buildings in an effort to limit service interruptions, but these
buildings will be closed to the public until otherwise announced:
– The Township of St. Clair Civic Centre
– Moore Sports Complex
– St. Clair Parkway Golf Course
– Emergency Services Building
– Moore Museum
– Sombra Museum
– Courtright Hall
– Port Lambton Hall
– Wilkesport Hall
– Sombra Hall
– All pavilion rentals in public parks
If it is imperative you speak face to face with township staff, such controlled appointments can be
scheduled by calling the local office.
Town of Petrolia Closures:
[embeddoc url=”http://bobbaileympp.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/PRESS-RELEASE-TOWN-OF-PETROLIA-FACILITIES-CLOSURES-CANCELLATIONS-NOTICE-EFFECTIVE-430-p.m.-TUESDAY-MARCH-17-2020.pdf” download=”all”]